The Board of Education for Coast Mountains School District 82 is engaging employees, students, parents and the wider community to understand the potential implications of implementing a vaccine policy. On behalf of the Board of Education, we seek your feedback related to a potential vaccine policy for all CMSD82 staff.
We invite you to share your feedback by 4:30 p.m. December 14, 2021 by accessing the following Thoughtexchange survey link prepared by Superintendent Janet Meyer on behalf of the Board of the Education. This ThoughtExchange is the Board of Education’s mechanism for consultation.
(click on the above link to access the Thoughtexchange survey)
In preparation for your participation in the Thoughtexchange, we provide the following points of interest:
- As set out in the School Act and Independent School Act, boards and authorities are the employers of the staff in their school district or school. As such, they have full responsibility for hiring and managing the necessary staff to meet operational and statutory requirements, and must do so in alignment with collective agreements, where applicable. Under the current K-12 statutory framework, any decision to implement a vaccine policy for staff is a board/authority decision.
- Boards and authorities that decide to implement a vaccine policy as a workplace health and safety measure should allow time for consultation with local partners.
Additionally, we share a link to the K-12 Sector Guidelines for Vaccination Policies developed by the Ministry of Education’s Advisory Committee finalized in November 2021, to support boards and independent school authorities who may be considering implementing a vaccine mandate for staff A vaccine-policy-guideline.pdf (gov.bc.ca), click on the link to access the guidelines.
The Board of Education looks forward to your participation and welcomes your feedback.
Should you have questions, or you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact Superintendent Janet Meyer at email@example.com or Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
COVID-19 vaccination is now authorized by Health Canada for children five and older. Getting young people vaccinated helps protect them and the people around them.
Coast Mountains School District 82 (CMSD82) supports families to receive trusted information about vaccines for children ages 5-11 by sharing the following resource information provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC):
BCCDC COVID-19 Vaccination for children 5-11 years old resource
Please note that at this time vaccination clinics will not be held in CMSD82 schools during instructional hours.
Consent is required for children ages 5-11 to be vaccinated and consent for a child can be provided by a:
- Parent, legal guardian or foster parent
- Custodial caregiver like a grandparent or relative
- Only 1 parent, legal guardian or foster parent is required to give consent. You will be asked to provide consent at the clinic location.
For information on COVID-19 vaccination for children and young people ages 5 to 17, including how to register your child, please visit the following trusted websites:
BC Centre for Disease Control / ImmunizeBC
Please contact your School Principal, should you have questions or you require further information.
Coast Mountains Schools District 82 is accepting applications for the following positions currently available in its Hazelton, Kitimat, Kitwanga, Terrace and Stewart school communities. The school district provides educational support for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students in nineteen schools with a teaching, professional and support staff of more than 650 employees. Learn more about an interesting career in education and about our team by viewing the school district’s recruitment video (click on link to open) via YouTube.
- Certified Teachers Teaching on Call
- Non-Certified Teachers Teaching on Call with relevant education and experience
- Certified Education Assistants
- Non-Certified Education Assistants with relevant education and experience
APPLY TODAY! Please email your resume with references to our Human Resources Department at HR@cmsd.bc.ca.
Should you have questions, or you require more information, please contact:
Denise McGillivray – Human Resources Officer, Teachers & Exempt Staff
Tel: (250) 638-4403
Kyla Magnusson – Human Resources Officer, Support Staff
Tel: (250) 638-4440
To view this CMSD82 Recruitment Communique in PDF format, please access the following link. Please feel free to share this link with family, friends and/or acquaintances as desired.
CMSD82 Is Hiring – Join our Team – November 8, 2021